Everyone likes their home to look nice and they want their home to be a haven for their families to relax and enjoy each other and just feel safe. We also want our homes to increase in value when possible. That’s why when you’re looking at making improvements or remodeling your home, the bathroom is a great place to start. When it comes to home improvements that offer the highest return on investment, bathrooms and kitchens rank among the top of the list. However, there are more reasons than just aesthetics to start with your bathroom.
Reasons to Consider Remodeling Your Bath
- It looks old and outdated: An old, outdated, dingy bathroom can destroy the look and feel of your home and negatively affect its value. That’s why real estate experts say it is one of the rooms that when properly remodeled provides the highest return on investment. People want an updated, nice, clean, easy-to-maintain, safe bathroom.
- It’s difficult to clean: Nothing is a frustrating as continuously scrubbing and struggling to clean the bathtub and bathroom without ever getting the feeling that it is truly clean. It is an uneasy feeling to climb into a bathtub to bathe and see a tub that doesn’t look clean.
- Mold and mildew: Mold and mildew can be a big culprit in the above. When mold and mildew invades the caulk, sometimes it’s nearly impossible to clean. However the bigger danger is the mold and mildew that you don’t see in your bath. Mold and mildew that can form behind the walls and behind and under the tub. That mold and mildew can cause significant health concerns and can’t be cleaned.
- It is not safe: Possibly the worst of all of these is the feeling of not being safe in your own bathtub. Having to climb over those high side walls and step onto a slippery surface with nothing to hold to help you balance. It makes bathing a dangerous ordeal.
Remodeling Your Bathtub Just Makes Sense
We can see why considering a bath remodel makes sense, but many can’t stand the thought of the hassles and expense of a full makeover. No worries, a remodel is a cost-effective, hassle-free way to get the new, safe, easy-to-clean beautiful bathroom you’ve always wanted.
- Surface Conversion: Many bathtubs are cast iron or fiberglass with a very slippery, glossy surface. The walls of older baths are usually drywall or tile. These surfaces are problematic at best. Cast iron and fiberglass tubs are slippery and the high wall can be difficult to maneuver. Drywall or tiled walls can be a breeding ground for mold and mildew both on the surface and behind the wall. Most bathroom remodels involve an acrylic surface that is non-porous and therefore moisture, mold and mildew resistant and the tub floor is slip resistant making a much cleaner, safer bath experience.
- Tub-to-Shower Conversions: If you still don’t want to have to scale the high wall of a tub, many bath remodelers offer tub to shower conversions. They can remove your tub and install a beautiful, safe, low threshold shower.
- Safety Grab Bars: For those that still need that extra help to feel stable and secure in the bath or shower, most bath remodelers can install safety grab bars for that extra measure of security.
- Barrier-Free Showers: For those that have issues stepping over even the lower thresholds, or for showers that require wheelchair accessibility, barrier-free showers might be the best answer.
- Shower Pedestals: For added safety once in the shower, shower pedestals or bench seats allow the homeowner to relax and feel safe while showering.
- Step-Through Inserts: For homeowners that are concerned about the safety of stepping into a bath, but don’t want to sacrifice their tub, step-through inserts may be a viable solution. A portion of the wall is removed to provide safe, convenient access.
- Walk-in Tubs: Walk-in tubs are growing in popularity because they offer a safe, relaxing, independent bathing experience. Many walk-in tubs also offer hydro-therapy jets that can aide in relaxing aching muscles or pains due to arthritis and other ailments.
Bath Remodeling Experts
At Bath Makeover of Arkansas, our staff is eager to assist you in getting the bathroom of your dreams. Don’t continue to suffer through a bathroom that is old, outdated, dingy, unsafe bathroom, contact us today and get a beautiful, new, safe, easy-to-clean bathroom!